So I found that I had ~400 Itunes backup files being stored at 30MB each. And the 3-click per file + several seconds to delete wasn't going to work for me. And there was no public API that I could code against, especially with session based authentication.
I couple of firefox plugins and a little hand editing in a text editor and 400 files, worth 12G gone in a few minutes.
Here are the details.
- Install IMacro for firefox for the automation
- Install Link Gopher for firefox
- Navigate to the folder with the files that you want to delete
- Use link gopher to get a list of all of the links on the page.
- Copy the resultant html page and paste into a text editor
- Remove any files that you want to keep
- find "https" -> replace "URL GOTO=https"
- find "get?" -> replace "delete?"
- select all and copy
- create a dummy macro via record.
- edit the macro and paste
- play back the macro.
It is the little things in life that are worth celebrating (and blogging).