Things I've noticed:
- There was an online conference, that I was watching while I was working. This was great, but given that I was already switching between 2 engaging contexts, I didn't notice that I was walking, and I over did it again (37K steps, 2 days in a row before I noticed what was happening - I guess that means I'm getting better endurance).
- On the day that my fitbit battery died, I wasn't motivated to walk until it was charged. Apparently I definitely want my steps to "count"
- Grading my class assignments is MUCH more enjoyable while walking. Previously I could barely get through 1 without needing a break, now I can do them all in one "sitting"
- There is a nice pile of dust, crumbs, etc that ends up on the mat at the back of the treadmill.
- I hardly ever sit down anymore at work. Although I do still stop and stretch occasionally. As I try to hit 30+K once or twice a week.
- I keep a set of hand weights on my desk for meetings, where I don't have to participate or take notes.
Still nothing but good things to say about the treadmill desk.